By Holly Nelson |
March is National Reading Month! Here are a few fun facts about reading:
- The Japanese term tsundoku means buying a lot of books, and not getting around to reading them!
- In 2007, Stephen King was considered a vandal for signing books at an unannounced book signing in Australia.
- Bibliosmia is the enjoyment of the smell of old books!
- Dickens’s house had a secret door disguised as a fake bookcase with titles such as “The Life of a Cat” in 9 volumes!
- The first book purchased on Amazon was Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought.
- What goes up and never comes down?
- What do you serve that you cannot eat?
- What question can be asked all day long, always gets a different answer, and yet every answer is correct?
- What 5 letter word typed in all capital letters can be spelled upside down?
- I am dark with white markings, and smooth like a rock. When learning occurs, I help convey thought. What am I?
- What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?
- A Tennis Ball
- “What time is it?”
- A Chalkboard
- The Letter “M”
Riddles found at: